My house is on the lower end of a slope, and last weekend we had a deluge of rain in our city, and the water came faster than the ground could soak it up. As I was watching the rain, I noticed it pooling up against the rear of my house before flowing around the sides. Another 1/2" of water, and I was going to have a river from my back door through my garage. I pulled on boots and a slicker, grabbed a scoop shovel from the shed, and for the next 45 minutes bailed water until the rain subsided. Let's work as hard to prevent conflict as we would to keep our houses from flooding!
Proverbs 17:13–14 (HCSB):
If anyone returns evil for good,
evil will never depart from his house.
To start a conflict is to release a flood;
stop the dispute before it breaks out.
No comments:
Post a Comment